- Graphic Facilitation
Supporting communities and organizations work together to achieve their goals and solve their problems
FPDL Facilitators are talented and experienced professionals who have designed and conducted high quality planning/problem solving processes, as well as have trained others in facilitation skills, in Romania and worldwide.
FPDL Facilitators are neutral persons who help communities and organizations work together effectively to identify their problems and their desired future, to elaborate strategies to solve them and bring the future into present.
FPDL Facilitators promote a new change management paradigm based on people’s engagement. The main assumptions of this model are:
- People love what they create
- When you know your voice counts, you become engaged
- Collaboration occurs when people connect with each other, they overcome stereotypes and relate as human beings, with real concerns and issues
- Envisioning the future encourages people to take action and bring energy
- Applying democratic principles increases trust, commitment and creativity
- Widening the circle of involvement speeds implementation
- Involving the whole system produces creative, integrated solutions
Training of Facilitators
FPDL trainers improve participants’ knowledge and skills on how to design and conduct strategic planning/problem solving processes, how to convene and help them work effectively together. More specifically participants learn about different group processes, how to identify the challenges encountered in each one of them and how to help group members overcome them. The training is interactive and participatory, using experiential learning instruments.
FPDL facilitators support organizations and communities plan their future and address their problems. Planning processes do not happen by chance and are not automatically successful. FPDL skilled facilitators design and conduct participatory planning processes in communities, using a methodology that was successfully developed and tested, since 1994, in many smaller or larger territories, in Romanian cities, counties and regions. Training and Graphic Facilitation are embedded within the planning processes, to build agreement and common understanding on key concepts.